America’s highest court rejected the previous president’s lawsuit to block the Capitol riots inquiry from examining his documents on Feb. 22.

The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear Donald Trump’s arguments for why the House Select Committee should not declare former Trump administration records to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“The motion of States United Democracy Center, et al. (and others) for leave to file a brief as amici curiae is granted [and] the petition for a writ of certiorari is denied,” the court said in an order list.

The decision strongly suggests Trump will fail to keep the contents of his White House documents secret during investigations. This is because lower court decisions to approve releasing the records will stand, according to CNN.

The pay-television company revealed the court previously refused Trump’s emergency request to block the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) from handing the information to the inquiry. As a result, panel members already had the documents at the time of publication.

NARA earlier seized mementos from the former president’s private residence at the Mar-a-Lago Club, about 70 miles north of downtown Miami.

NARA employees removed about 15 boxes filled with so-called presidential “love letters” from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, predecessor Barack Obama and more in mid-January 2022.

They claimed Trump should have surrendered all memos, letters, notes, emails, faxes, and other forms of writing related to Oval Office duties due to the Presidential Records Act.

“These records should have been transferred to NARA from the White House at the end of the Trump Administration in January 2021,” U.S. Archivist David Ferriero had previously said.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.